The Government is asking for evidence on the consequences of making owners get their cats microchipped in England. We’re only looking at evidence of the consequences, not opinions on introducing this rule. In particular, we want evidence on:
- the benefits and drawbacks of requiring owners to microchip their cats, including costs
- how microchipping could help fix any nuisance problems
- how microchipping all cats would apply to feral or stray cats
- how we could make the rules, check and enforce them
- experiences with current compliant microchip databases
- any exemptions we should consider to microchipping cats
...follow the link to find the relevant documents on the GOV.UK website...