The School of Psychology at Queen’s University Belfast invites applications for fully funded PhD opportunities in the following areas:
- Improving human-robot coordination through mutual action understanding (funding secured via EPSRC)
- Improving psychological outcomes after a diagnosis of Upper GI Cancer
- Applied canine olfaction training, welfare, and owner well-being
- Developing a psychological intervention to enhance well-being and mental health in parents and children/adolescents with diabetes.
- Understanding the evolutionary mechanisms underlying infant features in cats and their implications for animal welfare
- School adjustment and achievement of majority and minority students
- Loneliness across the lifespan: Understanding and addressing the causes through intergenerational contact
- Fathers and the intergenerational transmission of parenting
- Assessing alcohol-related problems in young people
- Improving attitudes towards gender equality initiatives: An examination of long-term effects of interventions
Studentships for the above research areas are funded by the Northern Ireland Department for the Economy (DfE).
The studentships may cover maintenance and fees for a maximum of three years, depending on residency status.
For further details re eligibility criteria (including academic, citizenship and residency criteria) please click on the DfE Research Eligibility Guidance Notes: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/department-economy-studentships
The School also welcomes applications for a PhD programme in the following area, although no funding is currently attached to this area:
- Psychology of learning and playing new digital musical instruments
Applicants for any of these opportunities must have at least a 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in Psychology or a related subject.
For a full description of all of the opportunities in the School, please visit our PhD Projects 2019-20 page.
The deadline for applications for all of these opportunities is Monday 25th March 2019, see How to Apply: http://www.qub.ac.uk/Study/PostgraduateStudy/How-to-apply/