The AWF Discussion Forum takes place on Wednesday 5th June at One Great George Street, Westminster and is followed by the prestigious House of Commons Reception, just a short walk away.
The programme includes a mixture of debate and discussion on a wide variety of topics with sessions led by speakers who are experts in their field. Full details and speaker profiles coming soon…
The big debates
Exotic animals in captivity: can we meet their welfare needs?
- Tariq Abou-Zahr, Great Western Exotics in Swindon
- Dr Chris Draper, Head of Animal Welfare & Captivity, Born Free Foundation
UK farming: is welfare good enough?
- David Main, Professor of Production Animal Health and Welfare, Royal Agricultural University
- Jim Reynolds, Prof. of Large Animal Medicine and Welfare at Western University, CA
End of life care and treatment: where do we draw the line?
- Dr Polly Taylor, European Veterinary Specialist in Anaesthesia and Analgesia
The top welfare priorities of managed animals in the UK
- Prof Cathy Dwyer, Jeanne Marchig International Centre for Animal Welfare Education